Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is proud to offer a program that helps students make a successful transition from the classroom to the bedside. The Nurse Residency Program focuses on providing professional support, strengthening practice skills, building confidence, improving performance and encouraging team building, all within a supportive, nurturing atmosphere.
This is designed to be a one-year program. The nurse residency includes an extensive orientation, where students work with RN preceptors until successfully passing their State of Michigan Nursing Board Exam. Students will automatically be registered for the residency program upon hire.
By participating in our Nurse Residency Program, students receive competitive compensation and a complete benefits package. Requirements for a successful completion of the program include:
- Successful completion of the state board exam within eight weeks of hire
- Complete scheduled orientation (eight weeks)
- Complete Nurse Residency Program (12 months)
- Participate in educational and roundtable sessions as well as guide/mentor meetings
- Complete and present a unit quality improvement project