OSTEOPOROSIS: There is something you can do about it!
Often called "THE SILENT DISEASE" as many as 80% of osteoporosis fractures are painless or silent. Many of these are in the bones of the spine, leading to loss of height of 1 inch or more.
Osteoporosis is a musculoskeletal disorder with compromised bone strength that predisposes an individual to increased fracture risk.
When a fracture results from minimal trauma such as a fall to the floor from standing height, bending over to lift a child, or even from a sneeze it is termed “a fragility fracture”
- Fractures of the hip, spine, wrist, ankle, ribs
- Pain from compressed nerves in the spine
- Loss of height
- Stooped or hunched posture
- Balance problems
- Breathing problems
- Digestion problems
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?:
Prevent the first (or 2nd) fracture:
- Learn safe exercise protocol to specifically target the muscles, bones, and posture
- Learn to move safely during your daily activities to reduce the risk of fracture
- Reverse the pattern of postural change to get spine into better alignment
- Improve your balance to reduce the risk of falling
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To receive treatment, you must first be evaluated and diagnosed by your physician. You will receive a prescription for a physical therapist to evaluate you and customize a program of exercises to address your specific needs.
Appointment/ Contact Information:
DIANE CASEY AGNO, PT
CERTIFIED MEEKS METHOD 1