What is the Back Care Program?
The back care program involves a specially trained group of therapists devoted to achieving the full functional potential of each and every patient. We work closely with your physician to establish an optimal plan of care. We also maintain communication with your physician through all stages of your rehabilitation.
- Perform a thorough history and mechanical evaluation of spine and related areas
- Develop treatment plan to:
- Address underlying cause
- Restore function, return to work, sporting activities, etc
- Relieve pain
- Develop individualized strategies for prevention of recurrence
What type of treatment is provided?
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea offers various treatment options for patients dealing with back and neck pain. Treatments offered include:
- Biomechanical Analysis and Counseling
- Functional Stabilization Exercise
- Manual Therapy
- Joint Mobilization Techniques
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Job Specific Retraining
- Sport Specific Retraining
- Progressive Resistance Exercise
- Progressive Home Exercise Program
- Individualized Strategies for prevention of recurrence
Who is eligible?
To receive treatment, you must first be evaluated and diagnosed by your physician. You will receive a prescription for a physical therapist to evaluate you and customize a treatment to address your specific needs. If you need help finding a physician, please call our Physician Referral Line at 734-475-4050. As of June 9, 2012, phone number is 734-593-5899.
Outpatient Therapy Services Prescription Form
We are located in the Chelsea Wellness Center
Contact Us: 734-593-6370